View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 15, 2009, 12:47 AM
High Voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by led_tool_mises View Post
in about 20-30 years, i'd like to see u-of-p stadium and bob (chase field) torn down. then, sun devil stadium and wells fargo arena upgraded, and a new baseball field built in conjunction with packard stadium, and have that whole area be a huge entertainment district, so there's no wasted arena/field space in the valley.
Horribly bad idea imo. It is not even possible to even upgrade Sun Devil stadium to the level of U of P stadium with out tearing it completely down and starting from scratch. Plus, that would require pretty much leveling Tempe Butte in the process. Not gonna happen. US Airways works just fine in downtown Phoenix for me. No need to upgrade Wells Fargo arena for the Suns. Wells Fargo at this point is far smaller that the U.S. Airways Center anyway. Chase Field? Well again, it is far far larger than any space available at ASU's Packard Stadium. The Diamondbacks are just fine where they are.

As for Glendale, I am quite happy with how things are. The west valley is going to have a larger population than the east valley in the next 10 years or so. It makes sense to have some of the sporting venues out that way too. Eventually, the Westgate area will be connected to the light rail I imagine. So, I would have no problem hoping the train from Tempe to go catch a Cardinals game.

I respect your ideas...I just don't agree with them.