Old Posted Nov 23, 2010, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
CTA Photography Policy
6/7/2007

(photo from CTA page)

06/07/2007
CTA Photography Policy

The general public is allowed to take snapshots in public areas.

Equipment such as lighting, tripods, cables, etc. is not allowed ? except in instances where commercial and professional photographers enter into contractual agreements with CTA.

Photographers are not allowed to enter or photograph non-public areas of CTA stations.

Photographers are prohibited from obstructing transit operations, interfering with customers and blocking doors or stairs.

CTA personnel may evaluate the actions of photographers on a case by case basis to determine if a photographer is in compliance with guidelines. If a determination is made that the photographer is not in compliance, CTA personnel may ask them to stop.

Full Policy
Yeah, some guy on a power trip came up one time saying "I could get a arrested for photographing (from a platform mind you, not even the system itself). I told him the policies were clearly stated on the CTA website. He was like "Oh." and walked away. I'm glad they have the policy against tripods though. They are incredibly disruptive. I realize people are trying to get the perfect shot, but there's the possible situation where someone may trip on one of the legs, and really it's just slowing people down trying to get around you.