View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 4, 2014, 3:36 PM
The City

^ Getting back to the affordable housing issue, here was a comment made by somebody in Crains, which I tend to agree with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Smith
What Affordable Housing Crisis?

Currently in the MLS there are 6772 attached and detached homes listed for sale for under $200,000 and 3224 homes listed for sale under $150,000.

There are also 707 apartments listed for rent for under $1200/month and 161 listed for rent for under $800/month.

Does this sound like a shortage of affordable units?

If you tell the "Advocates" this, their response is, "well, no one wants to live in those neighborhoods".

I personally would like to live in a mansion in the Gold Coast but I can not afford that so I have to settle for something more modest.

The City's "Task Force" was a complete farce; mere window dressing. Of the 25 on the panel, only two individuals were for-profit real estate developers. The remainder were either Aldermen, bureaucrats or, not-for-profit developers.

This will shut down development if it passes as proposed.

Email or call your Aldermen and just say NO.

Oh, while we are at it, maybe we should pass an ordinance that requires GM to sell their cars to the less fortunate for less than it costs them to build them and another law that forces General Mills to sell their cereal to the less fortunate for less than it costs them to produce it too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q