View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 31, 2021, 6:36 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
They absolutely CANNOT put what looks to be a 1500+ car garage at halsted and Chicago. No freaking way. No way on this damn earth. Halsted is a parking lot as is from 3pm to 8pm from lake to Fullerton.

Halsted is the only n-s road between the north side and west side between lasalle and Ashland. I can barely ride my bike through the traffic as is. This proposal will also nix any possibility of a north branch transit way.

Not to mention there should be 10000 housing units and several million ft2 offices on that site.

This is the worst proposal for what is probably the best site left in Chicago. We are not some bombed out Detroit or Cincinnati whoring their best sites out to the highest bidder for a few million dollars.

Could not think of a worse idea.
Too soon to get hung up about traffic, we don’t have enough information.

We don’t know for sure what the access situation would be to the Trib site but there appears to be a new road in the rendering leading south to Grand or maybe some new Ohio Feeder ramps if there is room.

Also the aerial rendering of Ballys Tribune (not posted in this thread) shows a red-paved road that sure looks like a transitway, so I don’t think they’re closing off the possibility for that to be built in the future.

Last edited by ardecila; Oct 31, 2021 at 6:59 PM.