View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 27, 2007, 9:06 PM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

SubT, I hope you don't mind if I post some updates of some projects going on in the capital city. I took most of these on Christmas afternoon, so I had the central city all to myself (to explain the lack of even automobile life on the roads).

Ottawa Street Station - The chimney was brought down a few days before Christmas to prep it for the renovation it is about to receive. It will be the new corporate headaquarters for Accident Fund Company, a worker's compensation company, and will bring along with its 650 jobs from another downtown office building, and will grow by 500 jobs over the coming years. This will require an 120,000 square foot addition that will be built to the north.

Renderings:

A comparison:

And, here are the two buildings to be brought down for the new office addition that will be connected to the newly redeveloped station:

The neon letters on the station should be coming down soon, as well.

Hollister Building - This building's exterior renovation is largely complete. This forumer office building (1890's) is going mixed-used with 20 upper-floor lofts and office space and groundfloor retail.

Stadium District - This new construction is a mixed or apartments, condos, office, and retail space built directly across the street from Oldsmobile Park.

Sparrow West Wing Addition - Sparrow Hospital's newest tower.

Projects to come...

Market Place and Ballpark North - offices, condos, restaurants, etc...spread out along the riverfront and north of the stadium. It will include a new Lansing City Market on the riverfront.

(site of area in foreground)

Kalamazoo Gateway - a green building south of Stadium District to include 10 condos, 33 apartments and 14,000 sq. ft. of commercial space with underground parking. Will be connected to the River Trail by a new entrance to the trail.

Ottawa @ Butler - 52 condominium building and rowhouses on the western side of downtown near the Hall of Justice. It will aslo be green.

Full Size

Full Size

And more...

Last edited by LMich; Jul 18, 2008 at 3:23 AM.