View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2022, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebasketballgeek View Post
Well there’s the 10,000 unit golf course redevelopment that I’m sure they’re occupied with. Although I would really love to see them add housing across the street from the Arc. U of M also owns the massive greenfield on the southeast side of Waverley/Bison, and they have the research fields across the river from all those multi-family buildings on St Mary’s.

Of course some of that space should still be kept for agricultural research, but they really have a lot to room to work with in terms of adding housing to the area.
I'm not talking so much of building entirely new neighbourhoods as I am of putting residential buildings right on campus, kind of like with Pembina Hall. I think it would be great for campus to have a bit more of a human presence.

I'm not sure what the numbers are like, but I spent some time going to school at the U of Alberta in Edmonton and the campus always felt much livelier and more vibrant with a larger array of shops and businesses, and I'm sure that had a lot to do with the relatively large number of residence units on campus.