View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
i've already had to deal with the "young child with runny nose or cough so you have to get them a PCR test and then wait 2 days for result before you can send them back to school" 5 times so far this school year (3x for my daughter, 2x for my son).

my kids have seasonal allergy issues every fucking fall and spring. keeping them home from school for 2 days every single goddamn time they have a runny nose or mild cough is simply untenable.

it would be nice if our stupid fucking planet would find a way to rediscover its damn mind.

but i fear that the "we must never let anyone anywhere ever get sick again" fear mongers have won.
Question answered, I guess.

But no, we cannot let them win. And I think the majority are on the other side. We just need to keep telling the obsessives, like some of our fellow SSP forumers, to go pound sand (or lock themselves in the basement if they prefer).
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov