View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2009, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_olsen View Post
As long as the projects are phased correctly so you don't spend too much money without payoff then why not! The only problem Regina has it is even more geographically isolated than Calgary or Winnipeg (its competitors on the CPR) so its distribution foot print might be a little smaller than others.

These things are big job generators, Wal-Mart's Calgary cross docks employ 1000 people directly, and that is without counting truck drivers and the intermodal workers. Same with Canadian Tire's facility of similar size (1,000,000 square feet). In all more than 60,000 people in Calgary are employed in non-petroleum distribution and logistics according to our Economic Authority.

Who wouldn't want a piece of the pie!
regarding the Winnipeg-Regina comparisons...

Lets consider politics..Ideological polarization is getting stronger then ever before.......Saskatchewan may never have an NDP government again...We have turned the corner here and I believe right of center governments are here to stay, like our neighbour Alberta.

Manitoba i assume is still strong NDP and will remain so...The Sask Party here are not exactly fans of organized Labor..and believe me that is an understatement! plus Mayor Pat is a strong Conservative .