View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 2:57 AM

Thanks for the comments!

I resized the photos because today I noticed how really big they looked on my work computer, compared with how they look on my home computer, which is where I originally posted the photos. Funny how that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
Thank you for posting these photos. The Sierra foothill towns are very nice. I enjoyed mountain biking in Auburn when I went to school in Sacramento and my aunt and uncle retired to Grass Valley after living in Southern California. I am surprised more people don't retire to these foothill towns.
I like Auburn; it has a cute downtown too. Funny you should mention Grass Valley, because for a while now, I've been wanting to visit that place as well as Nevada City, CA. I figured it'd be fun and interesting to see the Gold Rush towns, being that the Gold Rush played a significant part in California's history. The Missions did too of course, but my partner and I have already seen all 21 Missions of California. It took us a number of years, but we finally did visit all 21 Missions, hehe. And now I consider Tuolumne County to be one of my favorite counties of California. California really is a pretty state, and the landscapes are so diverse---beaches, valleys, deserts, mountains...

Incidentally, on this road trip, before we ended up in Sonora, we also went to June Lake, Silver Lake, and Mono Lake in Mono County. Here are some extra pics that have nothing to do with Sonora, and are not city pictures. I regret not pulling over and taking pictures of the really tall pine forests and the pines on the mountain slopes when we were in the Sierras in Tuolumne County, but we wanted to push through to get to Sonora.

The view from a rest stop somewhere off of US highway 395... Coso Junction, I believe.

June Lake, in Mono County.

The town of June Lake.

Silver Lake, Mono County.

The mountains next to Silver Lake, Mono County.

Mono Lake, in Mono County. My partner and I have been to Mono Lake before, but we hadn't been to the other lakes before.

~ Charles Bukowski