View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 12, 2011, 4:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulliver View Post
Oh, and forgot what I was originally going to write...a large part of why I use flickr, and indeed, the original reason I created a flickr account was to host pics to post elsewhere...like here. How is 500px for that? I can see running into issues with the 20 photos per week limit, and also the fact that this place seems to want to be 'artsy'. I don't think my construction updates would do well there
I'm not sure where the 20 photos per week is came from. Maybe when the first started as I've uploaded more than that in one night.

You'd probably be wasting bandwidth with construction pics. I'm planning on continuing to use either flickr or Picasa for those types of shots.

I'll be treating 500px as an online portfolio and only post what I think are my best shots. As I mentioned before, their's some amazing photographers there. If that makes it "Artsy" so be it, I'm there to view some incredible photos and hopefully learn something.

I think this site shows a lot of innovation and I think that continue to happen.
I follow one of founders on Twitter, and he's on google+ and he actually responds personally to user's questions and requests. That's not going to happen forever, but for now it's pretty awesome.