View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
New Mexico to me feels like what Arizona used to feel like to me when I was a kid in the 80s if that makes sense. Much more 'wild, wild, west'. Even Albuquerque and Santa Fe have a grittiness that seems to have been scrubbed away from cities in Arizona. I love Phoenix, but it's kind of eaten the soul of the center of the state. Prescott and Flagstaff are now over-run with high priced real estate and forgettable suburblobs. But once you get out? Amazing.

If you took 77, did you take any pictures of the mine near Kearney? They do horrible things to the environment, but they are fascinating to look at.
I live in Verde Valley and it too is slated to be developing Phoenix style subdivisions, en masse. The City of Cottonwood has annexed land to where it's more than double the area it once was. Globe and the Cobre Valley were/are much larger in scale, afa old bones, vs Clarkdale, Jerome, and Cottonwood (Clemenceau), but obviously isn't experiencing any growth...yet. Maybe the new US 60 from Superior will change that.