View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 30, 2023, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH View Post
From where I live, I have a great view of the top on the Ritz Carlton tower. Recently I noticed that the color of the illuminated horizontal cap has been subtly tweaked. Previously it was a bright white. Now it is a warm, yellowish shade. Hmmm...what possibilities!

Does anyone know if the illuminated cap can be changed seasonally? For instance, red and green during Christmas or red and blue at July 4th. Or even better, could it be an art installation that changes as each artist's light design is plugged into the program?
I took the train back from Seattle Saturday night and as we we're going across the train bridge over the Willamette I could clearly see the Ritz's crown lit up and dominating the skyline. Was pretty cool! I have to imagine they made it possible to change colors. I watch way too much football and basketball and it's really cool to see Minneapolis' buildings turn purple, and Seattle turn blue or green during big games, as well as many other cities.

Since the Ritz open's tomorrow, I also changed the thread to complete! Woot! Woot!