View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 6:07 AM

Ok. You guys are straight cap on here. Do any of you live in these areas anymore or are of a younger demographic? You're literally saying anything south of the canal isn't Arcadia because they aren't rich enough? Come on.

I'm in my late 20s & the Arcadia nightlife is along Indian School from 48th Street through to 36th Street. Every restaurant, shopping center, business complex, & residence markets itself as Arcadia. Ohso, Little Woody, The Attic, Hash, The Porch, The Vig, Cold Beers, & even Chick Fil A for crying out loud... all call their locations Arcadia. All are south of the canal.

Districts change, grow and/or diminish with time. No one used to consider downtown as the area between the 7s extending all the way northward to McDowell, but times have changed. I would say maybe Thomas is a stretch, but it's eventually heading that direction.

The expansion of the brand name "Arcadia" is something residents as a whole should be proud of. It means there's some pride and patriotism tied to the community (Arcadia) & businesses and residents want to be apart of that. Plus it provides for gentrification and overall community improvement.....and in this case diversification.

Anyone who's complaining "no! That's not Arcadia" .... dude you're an old timer being stubborn in your ways. It's all a colloquial argument anyway. If I'm telling someone in Gilbert where my dentist is (off 40th St & Indian School), I'm not going to say the cross streets cuz most people can't identify immediately. I'll just say "oh yeah, he's over in Arcadia". Don't kill me that I'm a couple blocks off the original 1960s boundaries of the neighborhood. Smh