View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 2:28 PM

Y'all, North Philly is changing.

This past Saturday, I killed some time by grabbing coffee near my alma mater, Temple University, and subsequently taking a walk through North Philly. Walking along Cecil B. Moore, one would not only notice a multitude of renovations on existing buildings between Ridge Avenue and Glenwood Avenues, but also new homes rising along the 2500 and 2600 blocks! I've mentioned new construction on CBM Ave, so I didn't take pics; however, this did catch me by surprise:

These are new homes rising along N. 25th Street, just north of CBM. As I walked north along 25th Street, I could also see and hear multiple renovations occurring both along the street and in the distance.

This was, perhaps, the most surprising thing I saw that day:

This project is rising near Ridge and Glenwood. To say the VERY least, I was shocked! A project this far north would have been seen ridiculous last year, let alone a few years ago! I'm from Philly and don't get spooked easily; however, the area between CBM, Ridge, and Glenwood was slightly shady as of a few years ago. Looks like the tide is changing now!

I swear, Lower North Philly is going to change significantly in the 2020s and 2030s--especially if the North Station District materializes! I'll have to take pics of all the homes rising north of Cecil B. Moore and east of Broad, but a number of units are also coming online in places that would have been unimaginable as of a few years ago.

Temple University '18 ']['