View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 26, 2021, 3:32 AM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Devlin View Post
Someone from New York told me once, that one thing he likes about NY is the diversity. I said I thought Chicago was pretty diverse and he said no, it's different.

What diversity means in NY is that if you take four random people on any street corner, one's from the Philippines, one's from Syria, one's from Honduras and one's from Buffalo.

But what diversity means in Chicago, is that if you pick four random people, one went to Michigan State, one to Indiana, one to Wisconsin and one to U of I.
while i get the humor behind the joke because chicago is certainly nowhere close to being as diverse as NYC is, and it also has a very large contingent of big 10 grads (FTR, NYC has its fair share of 'em as well, even if they're way more diluted), it's important to remember the vast majority of chicagoans did not go to a big 10 school, and the city is actually still fairly diverse, even if it's not quite at the same level as the usual suspects like NYC, LA, Miami, etc.