View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 5:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchan View Post
Just came back from a mini vacation to Las Vegas. It's a total relief not to be forced to wear a mask everywhere there. This weekend was fairly crowded with President's Day and a mid-winter recess for school kids. I would say mask-wearing rate was around 10-20%, so I basically didn't bother at all.

Anyway, I'm back to wearing a mask on the subway, inside supermarkets, and at my office 5 days a week now in NYC.
I just came back from a mini vacation in Mexico. Bars, restaurants, hotels were packed to the gills. I also saw 4 cruise ships come and go. None of the tourists were wearing masks and very few locals wore a mask. California dropped their 2 month long indoor mask mandate on 2/15. Most places I have been going to in San Diego have not been requiring or enforcing the use of masks at their place of business before the expiration date, unless it was a big national chain type place.

Because I flew in and out of Tijuana, a covid test was not required on either end of the trip. Apparently Covid doesn't cross the border on foot, it's science! My friends that got a Covid test to re-enter the US weren't ask to show their results. I filled out a health questionnaire from a Mexican official government website and I was never asked to show that upon entering Mexico.