View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2012, 8:29 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Damn, fflint, I was going to write a very similar point about the Salesforce.com news, though not nearly as detailed nor eloquent. After first thinking about the bad news for MB, I quickly realized this could be a huge boon to the FiDi and to the chances for more than one proposed office tower to get built.

One thing I don't get is their stated reason: can't wait for new construction. Maybe they meant can't wait for the entirety of the process from where they are in MB vs. an already entitled building that could be started a little more quickly. But in the grand scheme of things, how much time is that really? And why would they word it like that anyway? Seems like they would have said they need something further along, rather then comparing new to existing. There has to be something more. Perhaps they got word that someone is about to give up a lot of space they can take over? I certainly hope not. I'd rather they filled already vacant space, adding pressure for new construction. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park