View Single Post
Old Posted May 9, 2022, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktshb View Post
Yeah, you just cannot administer your own test. To fly to Australia I needed a pcr test done from an approved facility within 72 hours of my flight. To return to the US I needed a pcr test from a histopath clinic within 24 hours of my flight. Fortunately there is one at the airport. If you test positive (according to United) you cannot fly back to the US for 11 days even if you eventually test negative unless you get a note from a Dr. that you're cleared to fly. That is why I took my own test and when I tested positive extended my trip 7 days, which by that time I tested negative with another home test in time to go to get tested at the histopath clinic for my flight back the US. Anyone from the US planning a trip overseas should budget your trip for an extra 7 to 11 days just in case you happen to get sick on your trip.
This has been a primary concern for me about leaving the country during the pandemic. I'm planning to go overseas this summer so hopefully they lift this stupid rule by then. If they don't and I get stuck paying for an extended trip you'll all hear about me suing the Federal government.