View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 14, 2007, 7:14 PM

From walking by the area over the past couple weeks, I've noticed some interesting new developments.

1 - Metal stakes and bulldozers - I've seen a lot of these going up south of the channel. It appears that they're starting to clear for the 2nd phase of Radiance and also for acceleration of development at UCSF. I still don't see much going on right next to the channel on the south side, but these other developments are getting closer. I doubt we'll see much vacant land there in 2 years.

2 - Avalon III - I know that they bought the property from Signature. I noticed that they put up a banner at the vacant lot. I'll bet that they start construction there over the next few months (possibly after Arterra tops off and removes the crane).

3. New park and walkway - They finally opened the walkway past Park Terrace, so I went along it last week. Its quite nice and there are some basketball courts underneath the freeway overpass. I thought that this is a great use of space and I am very impressed how much open space is being incorporated into the area.

I just hope that the new developments will add some variety to the area. It does appear that Radiance will have a different look than those on Berry Street and I also think that the Avalon III development can as well (if they keep the Arquitectonica design).