View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 13, 2022, 8:50 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithakas View Post
There are small latches attached to the parking ramps on the east and north sides, so I think some kind of screen will be covering those sides at least. I haven't seen the west side, but the south side does not have the latches.
The black coating they put on the middle 3 floors concrete (south + west) appears to be the same waterproofing they used on the north + east sides, so I'm guessing they will install some kind of screening there as well. The north + east sides are the glass screening - looks like this was a substitute for the townhouses that were deleted. The south + west sides would be a perforated metal screening. If that's still the plan, then these are two separate trades (glazing vs misc metals) so I would expect them to be installed at different times.

Not sure why they did not build townhouses as originally proposed - maybe they wanted more parking post-Covid, or maybe the first batch of liner townhouses on Cooper were not profitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeshoredrive View Post
How many buildings are left for the South Bank land? One more tower?
2 more towers in Southbank after Cooper and Reed. Of course they could scale it back:
https://chicagoyimby.com/wp-content/....06.15-PM.jpeg

Last edited by ardecila; Sep 13, 2022 at 9:04 PM.