View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2009, 6:59 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abner View Post
He has shown no interest in working to repair the North Main Line

Of course, then there's the matter of his selling the Olympics by promising transit improvements, then dropping any plans there might have been completely once Chicago won the US bid.
Sorry not buying either of these statements.

A. No repairs on the North Main Line? Have you paid any attention to the north main line? Ummm in the last 3 years alone Howard has been completely rebuilt, Fullerton and Belmont have been completely rebuilt. The Brown Line stations have been completely rebuilt. Large areas of track have been completely torn up and the old wood ties replaced with composites vanquishing almost all of the major slow zones except the one north of Loyola stop. They have been systematically improving all of the stops not only replacing the stairwell screens and lighting, but also tearing out the old rotting ceilings and wiring in the stops Lawrence, Argyle, Bryn Mawr, Berwin, Thorndale, Granville, Morse, and Jarvis. There are plans to completely renovate Wilson stop as well. You obviously don't use the North Main line very much if you haven't noticed the huge improvements that have ocured in the last year or two...

I mean just the other day I was coming home and got off at Berwin and thought to myself "man, with the exception of the old floor with the worn ruts in it, this looks like a brand new station." I hope they don't replace the floor anyhow because I like the ruts by the turnstiles where millions of feet have worn down the floor.

B. Have you read anything at all about the Olympic bid? The Federal government never allocates funds for transit for Olympic bids until after the city wins the bid. If you look at the history of it, Chicago is in line to receive about $2 billion in transit if we win the bid. Why don't you read a little bit before you start spouting off BS that you heard somewhere...