View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
Much to MayorOfChicago's point, it is silly that you need to lug your suitcases across 1000 ft of parking lot to go from the O'Hare ATS to the Metra station. I wonder how much more it would cost to simply dig a tunnel and have a Metra stop directly underneath O'Hare, ala the Blue Line? It would be a huge timesaver and be much more convenient to ride only one train downtown, instead of having to transfer from the ATS. Alas, almost 100% unlikely to happen anytime in the near future. I will gladly settle for express runs to O'Hare Transfer from Union, if we are lucky enough to get that
Yeah, that's one thing I don't like about the ATS.... Is how it's a bit inconvenient. I tried it for the first time last month. It was very nice, clean, etc. But..... knowing how to get from T5 to the Blue Line was a bit of a puzzle for someone who isn't a long running O'Hare vet. It would be nice of the transit options were a bit better integrated. But I also understand there are legacy systems and costs.

This news is great though. Chicago is lucky in that is has a solid rail network in place because of its history. It can easily tap into that and put in a system without having to shovel billions for any new tracks. So many other cities don't have that convenience, and it will cost them so much more to build out new lines in the future.