View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 17, 2008, 2:48 AM
Go Beavs! Go Niners!

^I don't like that idea at all and am surprised that she changed her position on this, perhaps, it's because of Panos? I'm also not a fan of the elevated rail proposal. I think that it would be better and probably more cost effective at ground level. However, I do like the idea of a tunnel downtown, an idea that has been kicked around for years.

Here's another update:

I'm not a fan of this but it will be a fairly major construction project.

Disney unveils plans for Hawaii

Source: Pacific Business News

Wing Chao, executive vice president of master planning of architecture and design for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, shows a model of Disney’s planned Oahu resort to Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann, Disney resort chairman Jay Rasulo and Djuan Rivers, Disney’s vice president of vacation club resorts in Hawaii.

Walt Disney Parks & Resorts on Thursday unveiled a model of a resort scheduled to open on Oahu in 2011.

The mixed-used resort includes 350 hotel rooms and 480 vacation villas for Disney Vacation Club members.

The family-focused resort will be located on 21 acres at Ko Olina Resort & Marina in West Oahu.

The resort will feature two towers, gardens, pools, water slides, a fake volcano caldera, spa, banquet and meeting space, and wedding facilities.

Disney film characters played by humans, such as mermaids, are expected to play a regular role at the resort.

This is Disney’s first vacation club-hotel venture to be separate from its theme parks in California, Florida and Japan. Disney also operates vacation clubs in Vero Beach, Fla., and Hilton Head, S.C.