View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 27, 2022, 6:06 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Completely agree. The Bears are a terrible organization. I stopped watching the NFL a few years ago altogether. American Football probably has a limited future. Almost no kids play it anymore.

I absolutely love going to Fire games at Soldier Field and I am not the only one as attendance has increased like 50% since they moved back to the City. Now if the Fire can get their act together, attendance will really skyrocket. They are on a nice win streak and have a shot at the playoffs.
It was so stupid of them to move to Bridgeview some 15 years ago. Glad they realized their mistake. Unfortunately, Bridgeview is screwed into paying for that white elephant of a stadium. The city portion of the property tax bills has quadrupled since the stadium was built, with the city flirting pretty close to insolvency. Thankfully it appears that publicly funded stadiums are in the rearview, with most cities and states taking a fairly tough stance on any handouts to pro sports teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
1 million billion trillion percent agreed!

if AH wants to gift their tax dollars to the bears, fine.

but not one single cent from the state/county.
This. Exactly.