View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
^Thanks for finding those. I knew it wasn't all that long ago but I couldn't find it in the Gen Dev thread. So my comment was a 80-120 million budget. After they get in the middle of this thing, let's see how close they stick to their 75 million number.
Guys, all I'll say is to remember whats been happening with the Congress. They STILL haven't broken ground after being bought by an extremely competent developer (who has done another huge project like this before at Cadillac Palace) way back in spring of 2015. They are using all the same public subsidies and tax breaks and have been working on lining all that up for three years now. Also remember that the Congress is much smaller than the Uptown, hasn't been vacant for decades, and comes with multifamily and retail liner buildings AND a vacant lot eligible for TOD. The notion that Uptown will be ready by 2020 is laughable, it's not going to happen, the bureaucratic mechanics of such a deal alone make it an impossibility.

So while it would be a-fucking-mazing if they pull this off, their stated timeline is a joke. These things don't happen that fast.

Also surprise surprise, JAM suddenly wants to fix up the Uptown now that they are locked out of the Aragon Ballroom because LiveNation bought it out from under them. Like I said, JAM never had any intention of reviving that building, only to block competition from the 5000 person capacity Aragon. Now that they lost control of that venue they suddenly think they are going to get Uptown back online in 2 years, no way.