View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 27, 2022, 8:51 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
A couple thousand people attending a casual racetrack
the track had a total spectator capacity of 35,000.

now, it only ever came close to that number on the very biggest race days of the calendar, but still, back in its prime, crowds of 20,000+ on a saturday afternoon were not unheard of.

yes, that's obviously quite different from an 80K+ seat NFL stadium, but AH isn't in completely uncharted waters for getting a large number of people to and from the site.

that said, my guess is that trying to ride a metra train out to the new stadium from the city on a football sunday will likely be a train-wreck (pun intended). how many passengers can the longest fully-loaded metra trainset carry at max capacity? 2,500 people maybe?

metra's gonna need to find a way to run A LOT of trains out before kick-off and then A LOT of trains back after the game or it's gonna be a real shitshow. can metra find the manpower to level up for that kind of crushing single event/single site passenger load on a sunday morning?

some of my past experiences with trying to take metra back to the city after concerts at ravinia don't leave me with much optimism (and ravinia's max capacity is only ~18,000).