View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 5, 2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fern View Post
As much as it pains me to say this SSP is dying a very slow death, all the above ideas are excellent but without a site admin who is interested and some decent mods none of them will work.Just look at the picture forum it's filled with 4 year old threads some muppet keeps bumping and then you have the post 3 pictures a day guys everyday.Rant over it's just sad to see the site I love going down hill like this.
It appears that there is genuine interest in improving this section of the site but changes can't be made unless the site admins decide to do so. Any idea if they have seen this thread? If not can a mod PM them and maybe we can get a 'we will look into this' or 'things are fine the way they are' response. In the least it would be nice to restructure the the forum so the constantly updated threads are put in a separate place.

As far as other wild ideas, I know the site is text based but how slick would it be if the photography section had thumbnail links in a grid ala http://500px.com/popular Each user could select a thumbnail for their thread and the thumbs would move up and down lust like the current links do now.

Something like that might generate more interest and might not require that much coding.

But I agree, if the photo forum stays in its current form I think it will continue to shed users.