View Single Post
Old Posted May 30, 2019, 2:30 PM

Anyone have any new intel on the sale/marketing of the Rite Aid lot at 23rd and Walnut? Next on my wish list would be a highrise condo to take out the one-story CVS at 15th and Spruce. Probably not happening in the near future as it always seems busy and is open 24 hours. But I think a high end project here would be great. That stretch of 15th Street is a bit gross as is the Avenue of the Arts parking garage, but Spruce Street is charming and the Atlantic Building and the Tower Formerly Known as SLS seems to me to be paving the way for something upscale here. A building here would have decent East-facing and South-facing views, and there are worst buildings to look at than the Drake for a West-facing view.

Maybe Parkway could buy the CVS lot and develop it with a partner, improving the tenants in the garage as part of package to be more appealing to wealthy owners. Current owner of the lot appears to be Food Depot Holdings, owned by Bob Hallinan of Newtown Square. Anyone know how long CVS's lease there runs?