View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 10:45 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Doesn't have to be the same size as the Eiffel Tower to be equally iconic, though I don't think this is or will be. It's growing on me. I think I like it. I look forward to seeing the finished result in person.
Right, that was never a reference to height. That would be absurd, considering it will be surrounded by towers as tall or taller than the Eiffel Tower. It will be an iconic structure/structure that will come to symbolize the new New York of the Hudson Yards. The area, already flowibg with tourists due to it's connection to the High Line, will become one of the must see destinations. It will be something you can experience, rather than just look at. New York is lucky enough to have multiple such icons- the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Brooklyn Bridge, etc. This, along with others such as the NY Wheel, will be among the new icons of this century. There was a New York that existed before those older icons. But we can only imagine NY with them now. It will be no different for the new.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.