View Single Post
Old Posted May 21, 2022, 3:29 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
The media loves the word "stories" I wonder why.

Seriously, though, it could end up being 900 feet and still technically be "90 stories" as that is the generic term for a 900 foot building. Even on the forum people still suggest a 10 story building is 100 feet tall, which if you know anything about building heights and building types then it's unlikely 10 stories would be 100 feet, and would likely be taller. So me reading 90 stories makes me think of the 900 foot number. Of course, it really could have 90 floors and indeed be a new tallest for Texas. The terms stories and floors aren't always talking about the same thing. One is literally referring to how many floors a building has, and stories can be a rounded up generic number for a building. For example, if you go to the Tower of the Americas, they'll tell you the tower is 75 stories. It's a bit odd considering it only has 3 floors. The 75 story term is referring to the overall height of the tower, including the antenna - 750 feet. Which itself isn't correct either since officially antennas aren't counted in official building heights. The Empire State Building, for example, is 1,250 feet to the top of the dirigible mast, but the top of the antenna tops out at 1,454 feet.
The TOA in San Antonio is 735' to the tip of the current antenna.