View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2017, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I wanted to make sure I was on the right page.

Some additional details below:

"The project could kick off in the first half of 2018, said Richardson. John Portman & Associates is the architect...

The two existing banks on the roughly 1.7-ace site, SunTrust Bank and Midtown Bank, would be built back into the project. The banks would have drive-through access behind the building.

The first phase would come to the corner at West Peachtree and 4th streets and could include 350,000 square feet of office. The design of the tower stacks several buildings of varying heights together.

The second phase would bring a taller tower to the site with the remaining office space and about 140 residential units.

Midtown planners at the Tuesday meeting shared some concerns about the parking deck that would sit at the base of the building, saying it should be better screened to blend into the overall design. They also questioned a proposed curb cut along West Peachtree that would provide an exit for cars."
Thank you!!!

My pet peeve with most of the new development in Midtown having curb cuts all over the place. I mean why the *%="× does Atlantic House need deck exits on 3 sides of the site? This is not the way to create a walkable district.