View Single Post
Old Posted May 22, 2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Well those are some very interesting renderings. I wonder to what extent they actually represent what they plan on building, that first 6-story building seems pretty large and I don't see anything on the plan that would approximate it. Unless that's what they have in mind for the future "villages".

I'm pretty confidant this would be popular once it gets started, it's the kind of development that is unlike anything else in the area (or the province for that mater). This has been talked about for years, not sure if the hold-up is related to the developer's financial issues or a reluctance to move forward with something different. I think the same could be said about Uptown Dieppe which stalled for a few years. Yes, the recession played a big role in Uptown Dieppe's slow start, but still, during this time, several other neighborhoods in the CMA have exploded population-wise. People need to be given a different option, something other than cookie-cutter suburbia. Something along the lines as what has been proposed, higher density, commercial/work/schools, places to actually walk to. As for Uptown; 1 or 2 buildings on an otherwise barren street hardly constitutes an alternative to other typical suburban neighborhoods in the metro area.

Come on Hall's Creek developments, stop this yearly, ritualistic relaunch of your website and get going already!!
I'm really looking forward to see if this development will live up to my expectations. We bought a semi-detached in north Moncton six years ago and for the last few years my wife and I have been tossing around the idea of building a house. The problem is, we don't want to build in a cookie cutter subdivision. We would really like to have something that is a little more modern looking and ideally centrally located. We considered buying an older home in the Victoria Park or Jones Lake area and doing a complete modern rebuild, but we still don't know if want kids or not which plays a big part in our decision.

It's likely going to take two to three years until this is well underway and before we can a feel for for the neighborhood. I guess we'll have to stay put for now.