View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 4:15 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
^You are just objectively wrong. And it doesn't get much clearer than the MTA, NJT and Amtrak telling you directly that the 2 structures are incompatible.
You know, if you had even a little understanding of what's going on, or even bothered to read and understand what the MTA, NJT, and Amtrak are telling you DIRECTLY, in the report they JUST released, you would understand just how wrong you are. But because I'm a nice guy, and I like to provide people with information, so that you at least have the chance of understanding, I'll provide it below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrian View Post
It sounds like MSG is incompatible with Penn Station in regards to current expansion agreements. Not that an arena over a station is incompatible because that wouldn’t make sense. Both sides simply need to settle things and start the redevelopment. I don’t see why Penn Station can’t be upgraded with MSG on top as shown in the renderings.
That is exactly what I'm saying. And while we're at it, with all of the disruption of construction, a new arena could be built in place, not just the half measures they are proposing. The Knicks and Rangers could alternate between Barclays and the Prudential in the interim. The Dolans also control Radio City, so maybe they can squeeze in some acts there. Either way, there are going to be disruptions.

But from the report just issued by the railroads, they actually are making the case FOR the marriage between the station and the arena. Think of it as two heads, one body. They need to cooperate to get things done.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.