View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2023, 4:20 PM
Show me the blueprints

I literally disagree with almost everything you say. You seem to already have a pretty clear political belief already formed and honestly sound a bit like that maga loon that ran that American Rail Club youtube channel. And you just don't seem to be very well versed regarding the KOP project. The project was shit, a pathetic vestigial artifact of an earlier ambitious and sensible program. All for the low low price of a few billion $. People should be celebrating its demise. I'm genuinely perplexed why you seem to think it was a travesty, it's literally the poster child for everything wrong with American transit planning. And honestly with the Buttigieg stuff. Should he have shown up a few days earlier? Sure. Should Biden have cancelled his Ukraine trip to go so show support past the multiple statements of federal urgency regarding the derailment? No. Especially so when the conservative local government was clearly itching for an opportunity to unfairly saddle the big bad Dem with all their blame. Did you hear the despicable comments of that trumper mayor? You really think that would have been productive to send Biden there? The political opportunism displayed was just gross. Trump showing up was just another chapter is the horror show.

And lost in all of this seems to be the notion that somehow the federal government has dominion over the NS infrastructure. I even heard nitwits like Vance say something about why the infrastructure bill hadn't improved the rail conditions. Are you fucking kidding me? How stupid does he think the voters are? The federal government is not paying for a private railroads right of way, or for new safer cars or anything else beyond perhaps funding splits with local/state gov's for grade crossing modernizations or separations. It's almost like some people are so ignorant they think the railroad tracks that the freight choo-choos run on is nationalized (like they should be).

Trumpism is the road to ruin