View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 7:10 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontst17 View Post
Personally I love going to games I go to as many as possible. But living a block or two from the stadium would suck I wouldn’t want to live there. It absolutely has to be done right. It’s a tight space and knowing how Adelmans business operates it would be no shock at all to have his dream arena be reduced to “what was feasible in the current market”. This could be awesome and a game changer to all the surrounding neighborhoods, or an arena plopped down in the same Market East. The latter option terrifies what is a vibrant but fragile community. And I don’t want Chinatown to change either honestly. And the idea Chinatown needs this? There’s like 8 developments going up in the neighborhood right now. Point being dont I trust Adelman and Harris not to be the entitled rich guys they are and fuck this up… remains to be seen there’s so much more that needs to be heard and seen
Good honest feedback! Most if not all of us are pro-development here but it is always good to get a full perspective about this and not steam-roll over a community. And, a lot is at stake for Chinatown here IMO. In general, history has repeated itself in many instances that don't bode well on many fronts. We can look to history as a guide. Chinatown is fighting for its existence and survival. This is not another office or residential bldg going up so the dynamics are completely different. No one is going to blink an eye for growth via more building in terms of office space or apartments if that was the case, which it is not. So, the fight will ensue.