View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbao58 View Post
Skylines can change dramatically depending on the direction from which you view them.

Seattle's skyline as seen from Elliot Bay (or West Seattle) doesn't do much for me. But the views from I-5, both from the South and the North, are very impressive.

I really do not like the cliché view of the western wall of Downtown Houston, or the view from due South. But all four 45-degree angled views are also very impressive.

San Francisco's skyline is coming along nicely. LA's deserves mention.

Toronto's is becoming huge.

Singapore's has been impressive for decades.

Kuala Lumpur's is newly impressive. It was almost nothing when my parents lived there in the late 70s.

Hong Kong's is amazing.

New York's has, in my opinion, been damaged by the new supertalls and a few others.

I will always love Chicago's. Unless they eff it up. I love the view from Fullerton Beach.

There are also so many in Central and South America, as well as China, that I've never encountered personally but are still amazingly impressive.
I agree about NYC. At or near the top worldwide, but almost too many buildings and separate clusters, plus the extremely narrow and tall new residentials damage the beauty and balance in my opinion.