View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 15, 2022, 3:54 PM

I’ve said before, my choice would be for Broad St between 11th and 12th. You have empty lots and mostly empty buildings. I feel like an anchor (I.e. arena) on the east side and one on the west side (theatre maybe?) would naturally create the type of environment they’re looking for without plopping a large arena into an already relatively busy area and destroying buildings that are currently being used. Downtown is relatively compact which is an advantage in a lot of ways. It doesn’t matter a ton where you put an arena because you never have too far to walk. Yes, people are lazy, but they will walk for things they want. I could hit a number of bars, restaurants, or hotels downtown in the time it would take me to walk across the parking lot at Sasktel Centre. Plus the potential for a lot more still exists.

Sask Dr is an interesting option. I know they have plans for that corridor (I believe from Winnipeg to McTavish). If their timeline is to be believed we should start seeing that work next year.