View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 2:35 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawk66 View Post
Formula racing is an equal sport to the NBA or any other.. They train harder in the off season than any NBA player....Try pulling G's sometime in competition.
i not saying that auto-racing isn't a very competitive endeavor with intense amounts of training and skill-development involved.

i just place anything that involves the engineering and fabrication of a vehicle (car, motorcycle, bicycle, sailboat, whatever) in a different category from the more conventional field & court team sports that are more pure displays of raw athleticism/skill.

but that's just me. if you wanna call auto-racing a sport the equal of basketball or football, that's fine. i just see them as too different.

anyway, back on topic, the NFL is easily one of the most lucrative professional sports leagues on the planet, and they don't need a single penny of public money to build lavish palaces for themselves.

and the recent poll of arlington heights residents shows that an overwhelming majority of them agree with that assessment.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Aug 25, 2022 at 3:14 AM.