View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2022, 3:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
What makes you believe that? I hope that's true, but not sure if someone going to Disney Hall will take Metro because of the new Grand Ave station if they wouldn't previously take it with the existing Civic Park station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
I think it makes a big difference. There will now be one seat rides from Pasadena, the rest of the SGV, Santa Monica, Culver City, USC, etc
I included the qualifier "over time," and I'm specifically thinking about the introduction of one-seat rides as LosAngelesSportsFan noted. I think that as Angelenos eventually get accustomed to the idea that they can take a one-seat ride into or through downtown, ridership will likely increase and the areas around those stations will be more activated and desirable. I don't think it will happen overnight. And I could be completely wrong about all of it.

One-seat rides are appealing to riders for obvious reasons, and that's especially true of novice or infrequent riders. For example, I was thinking of taking transit into downtown this coming Saturday morning, but don't want the two-transfer hassle and will instead be driving. Transfers introduce the opportunity for additional delays. If I had a one-seat ride into downtown right now (that won't be the case even when the Connector opens, btw), it would be a no-brainer.