View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2022, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kngkyle View Post
Companies that go fully remote will ultimately either fail or revert back to a hybrid-model. The sudden switch to remote work was largely successful in corporate America because everyone was running off of relationships that had been built in-person prior to the pandemic.

Hybrid will be the new normal. 2-3 days per week in office, 2-3 days per week at home.

The people most fucked over by fully remote work are new grads just starting out. If we thought mental health was an issue before covid....
Maybe I'm an anomaly then. Our company is based out of Boston, but only 40% of the people are in the Boston area. 10% is in Colorado. Another 30% is in Tel Aviv. The rest are literally spread out over the world. We were like this before Covid, so working between teams remotely was not a new thing for us. Even now, we have even more people spread out away from our offices.

I think the Hybrid model will work for many folks, but for many others, they will want the option to be permanently remote. I have a co-worker that is jumping between Colorado, Costa Rica, and South Africa.