View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
I reluctantly (because I want it to be true) agree, building 3000 units in one neighborhood would have been crazy ambitious even before the pandemic...

I’m pretty “extroverted” but have been loving remote work. I get plenty of socialization with my actual friends and family now instead of forced socialization via meetings and cubicle mates all without the added pleasure of a tedious commute and montonous schedules. I suppose it depends on your actual job—the nature of mine allows me to be pretty flexible with my daily routine now that I’m at home. I might be singing a different tune if I was truly locked to my laptop for zoom meetings for a normal 8-5 workday. I truly can’t/won’t ever go back to normal office life, even if it means finding a new job or even career.

Yeah, you'd probably be having a different tune. I've had way more meetings during the pandemic than before. Everyone knows you are there, so they are scheduling way more last minute meetings. Before the pandemic, I could take an hour for lunch when I wanted without fear of missing something. Now? Nope. Not everyone here is the same, and I've made sure anyone on my teams isn't subjected to this one average, but so many people in general have been. Many days in the last year I have gone without food or water all day at work. Some days like today are OK. Others are on meetings or putting out fires without a break from 9am until 7pm. Never an issue at the office pre.pandemic and not good nor sustainable. I enjoy WFH sometimes but not others. I've been finding that many people are now getting fatigued from this. Its a psychological/cultural thing, but people use WFH as an excuse for being ridiculous with meetings and schedule.