View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan84 View Post
^ Indeed. There is a huge difference between publishing a visionary plan, setting the intention, vision, possibilities, general directions, etc., and realizing that vision piece by piece. Along the way, changes will always happen due to the realities of taking a broader vision and working out granular details of cost, financing, engineering, demand, timelines, third parties, etc. I doubt few, if any, such visioning plans are eventually realized exactly as the look in the initial roll out. SY can't just build a supertall for the sake of it. (They are also not precluded from putting one elsewhere in the plans if the conditions eventually call for it...)
My concern was what the final product will look like and if the recent proposals are the final product, then I can conclude that this project was a waste of time and energy. It was nice to see the initial proposal but nowadays, since we had not one but two supertalls that seem to be cancelled or changed, I can't expect too much of Philadelphia's skyline to grow. This isn't myself being negative, but it's just the reality of trying to develop something of substance in this G-D forsaken city. GOOD LUCK!