View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 5:02 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
It's a good idea to close Sansom west of Broad say through 19th and make it pedestrian only. At least on blocks where at the moment there are no entrances and exits to parking garages.

Similarly, people have been chiding the condition of Walnut Street lately and I agree its underperforming and also agree the Rittenhouse Row corp has lost it's way a little bit.

Plenty of places need investment, but I wonder if it would make sense to strike one lane (parking) on Walnut to widen the sidewalks on one or both sides of the street to create more opportunity to program the street and create more opportunities for seating, gathering, upgrade lighting, landscaping etc.

Walnut really does deserve a jolt. There could be 2 remaining lanes. 1 for buses and 1 for cars/bikes. In each block you could put a cut out for loading unloading for the businesses that would be restricted to commercial vehicles only.
I say close Samson and juniper in the Gayborhood area Juniper has already been closed for god knows how long and it's basically more pedestrian/bike friendly then anything else.

I also believe that close Samson during bar nights in that area and that was happening pre pandemic that was one of the first roads Ive ever seen closed in the city on a weekly basis not due to construction purposes.

I also think Chestnut between 2nd and Front should be closed to just Peds to allow restaurants, bars and venues to do their thing and because of the cobblestone but then that would interfere with the Turn around cars and buses make to go onto Market St. But maybe that will change when the park/cap is built.

Bonus close off a street in Chinatown and Little Italy as well and make it PEDS and watch how it booms