View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWillChicago View Post
A lot of you guys are in the buisness, have you heard any horror stories of those workers getting stuck in skips for a prolonged time like the ones we hear of interior elevators? Height+weather+time=yikes.
I had a short stint in 08 as a Union Local 4 laborer before the economy crashed and I got laid off. Like I said my same buds that are installing the hoists. We took those skips up n down daily. But I mostly had to go up on the mast climber and attached the track and framework to the building. Pretty sketchy when the winds are blowing and you're hanging off the edge reaching out over a couple hundred foot drop minimum while your bud is holding onto your belt from behind. Those skips safe for the most part from what I know. Never had an issue on my end. Couple guys had fallen off buildings and hurt themselves doing various other things and one worker fell to his death that year but noting to do with these devices. I wish I would have had a chance to ride up Vista. I did get the chance to ride up to the roof of Trump during construction and hang out for a while. That was cool.