View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizative View Post
Not to be doom and gloom, but I get the strange feeling this situation has been repeated, more than once for this location. However, on a brighter note, I've never seen the whole lot fenced off, this is the closest I've ever seen them get to actual construction of something. The NIMBY's have successfully chased off every potential development at this location for years and years. I don't get it, maybe they prefer that blank spot. Anyone notice any signage saying, "financed by XXX Bank?" Usually the general contractor's company signage goes up well before any actual construction. The developer's signage is typical, we've seen many a developers signage with their depictions of a dream building, and nothing comes into fruition, consider, "The American Commerce Center"....remember that beautiful dream? Rittenhouse Square is like a Colgate smile with a tooth missing. I'll wait and see.....

I think you're wrong about NIMBY's effect in this location. What past proposals are you thinking about? Granted that this site has a evil spell on it, but bad timing and really bad proposals aren't the blame of NIMBY's (they get too much credit on these pages; outside of Society Hill they aren't that big of a force)