View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 12:09 AM
Engineer

I don't mind seeing a few more homeless in my neighborhood but I am concerned that outsourcing the problem to neighborhoods without services will cause a new crisis in the not so distant future. I was hoping an operation like the one in Rio Grande could have waited until after the other homeless centers opened up, but I suppose the recent crime wave caused a lot of unrest among decision makers and their hand was forced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Is everyone sure that they're not just leaving the Wasatch Front entirely. I could see a lot of homeless heading for warmer and more lax areas like L.A., especially now that Winter is approaching. If Salt Lake City is going to get serious about cracking down, why not just move to California?
There's always an outflow of homeless in the winter. It's difficult to say whether this operation will cause more people than usual to leave. I'm guessing the vast majority fled to other areas of Salt Lake, but clearly, as the article Scottk shared demonstrates, nobody knows for sure at the moment.