View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 13, 2016, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRyerson View Post
Best guess this is a still from The Vin Scully Show, 1973. I would normally say circa but in this case we know the show lasted but one season as the iconic sportscaster tried branching out. Thankfully for us it didn't work out.

I didn't know he had a talk show at one time! That photo might also have been from a game show he hosted in 1969-1970 that I remember watching when I was home for a couple weeks from school for Easter break. It was called IT TAKES TWO. Wikipedia says that NBC erased the show in their videotape purge back then, but that two episodes are known to exist with collectors. I don't know if this is one of those two, but there is one posted on youtube, in two parts.

Video Link
Video Link

This next week at Dodger Stadium, the last homestand this season, is all dedicated to Vin Scully, starting with a Vin Scully bobblehead night and ending up this year with--not FAN Appreciation Day, but Vin Scully Appreciation Day! For those of us who like baseball and who have listened to him for so many of his 67 years broadcasting the games, it's a very ________ time.