View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2015, 11:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
Thanks. So that's what Vornado was planning all along.

So this is where the rights to build on this site are coming from?

I don't understand. How much $$ will this glorified train terminal cost in the long? And it's only for Amtrak customers??? From my understanding, Amtrak customers are a small fraction of Penn station's ridership.
I don't know if you travel through Penn, but it is rat hole. As an amtrak customer into NYC, I would welcome any improvement for those that are travelling on longer journeys. Last time I was an Acela user, the waiting area of Penn had pigeons flying around and pooping on people. It's not a terminal worthy as the gateway of a global city like NYC. In fact it's a disgrace. I would also recommend an improvement for commuter passengers in the long term as having to deal with that awful terminal every work day must be crap. However, Amtrak is easier to deal with first so I am FOR this project!!! Some projects are just worth it in the long term. If there can not be a new Penn anytime soon, then this is the next best thing for now. If you are going to be a cynic due to the cost, then you would be better off directing that negative energy at the PATH station at the WTC which will be a basically a subway terminal masquerading as a cathedral. Amtrak serves as gatway to NY from the other major NE cities, etc. The Path statoin serves the average commuter from Jersey City and Newark!! Take your pick!