View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 8:27 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdaaron View Post
Being discreet here, but somebody who I just talked to that was very surprised to see this images leaked wanted me to be very clear about the fact that the podium is not a parking podium and is all active-use. It seems that the parking podium hate has made its way to the, uh, type of people I'm talking about.

Kerwin and Co.?

If so, didn't he/they have similar reaction when 645 W Madison renderings popped-up?

All I would offer to them: Be realistic. This is 2014. If it's not your own Chinese partner mistakenly 'leaking' your rendering and project (perhaps some mis-) information to the world - in an 'official' press release (wtf), you need to assume Spyguy and/or Skyguy are looking over your shoulder. Then there's the NSA. You really need to be at home, sitting in the corner of a near pitch-black locked closet, hand-sketching for your designs not to show up on the internet....

About the parking: I think your rationale is probably right they are likely concerned about the urban design and perception of it - but there is another reason they might be extra sensitive about anything related to parking at 201 Columbus - and that has to do with all the legal fiascos related to the Grant Park garages the city sold off with the stipulation that they not allow any additional public parking to be built within (I forget precisely how close) a few blocks (this site included). Remember the controversy related to this issue with Aqua? Any additional parking here would need to be strictly for hotel guests and apartment residents....

Last edited by SamInTheLoop; Oct 23, 2014 at 8:41 PM.