View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2014, 4:16 AM

Areas that you wish were redeveloped

This may sound similar to previous thread about anticipated developments, but while that one was more about actual proposals under construction or recently announced that you were looking forward to, this one is about areas you wish were redeveloped but have no plans currently announced.

For example...

Have you ever driven by a parcel of land and though "what a waste of prime land" or seen a building and thought "they need to tear that shit down soon". This is where we can discuss that! Also, add what you would like to see built there in it's place!

1.) 11th ave and 14st SW

That 1960's style mall that seems to be only open during Halloween time for costumes, but is closed for the other 11 months of the year. What a waste of land. Driving by it makes it seem like you are in a rundown part of town. I would love to see a highrise condo put in it's place with a nice podium with lots of retail at the bottom. While they are at it, they can get rid of that parking lot beside it too...

2.) "The Fitness Centre" on 12th ave and 12th street??

With Oslo behind it, and Stella overshadowing it to the east. I can't believe that's been sitting vacant for so long.

3.) that small vacant spot beside "Kuzina" on 17th ave.

With the push to develop east on 17th ave, let's not forget that there are still parts of 17th ave that are left. Does anyone know why that spot has just been sitting there forever? I'd love to see something with the similar scale to Kuzina or 80th and Ivy in it's spot. Such an eyesore.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll post more when I can think of more

Your turn!!